energyhub.org Cash Incentive Program
The energyhub.org Cash Incentive Program is open to eligible Canadian residents who purchase and install a solar power system, 5 kW or larger, from one of our qualified installers, within 1 year of requesting a free estimate on our website*
(see full terms and conditions at the bottom of this page).
How The Cash Incentive Program Works
1. Request A Free Estimate
The process begins when you request a free estimate on our website, we will then connect you with a top-rated installer in your geographic area.
They will put together your cost and savings estimates, or contact you for further information if needed.
2. Install Your Solar System
After you’ve reviewed your estimate, you can then decide to hold, pass, or purchase – there’s no obligation.
For some homeowners, investing in a solar system is a great way to save money while benefiting the planet too!
3. Claim Your Cash Incentive
Simply email a photo of your system or a photo of your signed installation agreement to [email protected]
We will then send you $150 via e-transfer or cheque within ten business days.
And that’s it! The energyhub.org Cash Incentive is meant to be simple and straightforward – just like the rest of our content.
*CLICK HERE TO VIEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the energyhub.org Cash Incentive Program (“Program”). By requesting a free estimate or by otherwise participating in the Program, Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to update or modify this Agreement at any time without prior notice.
The following defined terms shall apply to this Agreement:
- “Program Website” means https://energyhub.org.
- “Services” means solar photovoltaic installation at least five kilowatts (5 kW) in size as indicated by Service agreement with Preferred Installer
- “Preferred Installer” means the solar photovoltaic installation company selected by energyhub.org.
- “Participant” means a resident of Canada that is age eighteen (18) or older and is seeking solar installation Services and is not an Existing Customer.
- “Existing Customer” means a Participant who has been in prior contact with Preferred Installer.
- “Cash Incentive” means the amount that energyhub.org agrees to pay Participant if all Program Conditions are met.
- “Incentive Period” means five (5) years from the date of Customer submission to energyhub.org.
Canadian residents age eighteen (18) or older may qualify as a Program Participant by requesting a free estimate on the Program Website. Participants will be connected with a Preferred Installer via e-mail offering solar installation Services in the Participant’s province of residence. Given the Participant is not an Existing Customer (Existing Customers include Participants that have received Services by Preferred Installer or that have been in prior contact with Preferred Installer), Participant is eligible to receive a Cash Incentive of one-hundred fifty Canadian Dollars ($152 CDN) upon purchase of solar installation Services from Preferred Installer.
The total Cash Incentive will be paid to the eligible Participant via e-transfer or cheque within 10 business days of eligible Participant providing proof of Service agreement or proof of Services with Preferred Installer. This can be done by emailing [email protected] with:
- A picture of the signed Purchase agreement with Preferred Installer
- A picture of of the completed photovoltaic installation by Preferred Installer
- Reasonable evidence of an agreement for Services between Participant and Preferred Installer
All submission methods are subject to verification by energyhub.org with the Preferred Installer.
3) Program Requirements
- Required Information. Participation in the Program may require Participant to submit personal information about themselves including first name, last name, email address, phone number, physical address or land location, postal code, and average electricity bill. This personal information will be collected and processed by energyhub.org and then given to a Preferred Installer. In addition, Participant information may be used by energyhub.org to contact Participant regarding Program and for any other reason. If Participant provides their phone number as part of their participation in the Program, Participant consents to be contacted by telephone by Preferred Installer and by energyhub.org even if Participant’s phone number is on a provincial or National Do Not Call List.
- Estimate Request Requirements. To qualify as a Participant, an individual must meet all of the following criteria: Be a legal resident of Canada; Be at least 18 years of age or older; Own his or her own house in the province in which Preferred Installer offers Services; and Not be an Existing Customer (Existing Customers include residents that have received Services by Preferred Installer or that have been in prior contact with Preferred Installer). Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary herein, energyhub.org shall make the determination as to whether and pursuant to what terms it will enter a contract with any Participant.
- Cash Incentive Requirements. To qualify for the Cash Incentive, eligible Participants must: Purchase and install a solar phovoltaic system of at least five kilowatts (5 kW) in size as indicated by Service agreement with Preferred Installer; Not be an Existing Customer; and Purchase and install the solar phovoltaic system within five (5) years of requesting a free estimate from energyhub.org.
4) Prohibited Uses
- Participant agrees not to: Use the Program Website or its contents for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions; Resell any aspect of the Program Website or services available on it; Bypass or circumvent measures we may use to prevent, interfere, or limit access to the Program Website; Use the Program Website to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; Use the Program Website to intercept, collect or store personal information about other users; or Spam other users or take other actions that may affect the operation or enjoyment of the Program Website by other users.
5) Warranty Disclaimers
THE PROGRAM WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, ANY MATERIALS INCLUDED ON, DOWNLOADABLE FROM OR OTHERWISE ACCESSIBLE VIA THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, OR ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, ENERGYHUB.ORG DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE PROGRAM WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, INCLUDING THIRD-PARTY HACKERS OR DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS. ENERGYHUB.ORG DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ON OUR BEHALF AND YOU MAY NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT OF WARRANTY.
6) Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL ENERGYHUB.ORG BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR LEGAL THEORY ASSERTED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) THE WORK OF THE INSTALLER (II) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, OR (III) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE PROGRAM WEBSITE OR ANY REFERRALS, EVEN IF ENERGYHUB.ORG OR OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ENERGYHUB.ORG (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, ANY PROGRAM WEBSITE-RELATED MATERIALS OR SERVICES, EXCEED $450.00.
7) Other Limitations
Certain provincial laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights. In such states, energyhub.org’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless energyhub.org, and our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors and suppliers from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, losses, expenses, damages, penalties or other costs, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, brought by third parties as a result of: (i) your violation of these Terms, the Program Rules (ii) your use of the Program Website; or (iii) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
9) Additional Terms and Conditions
Tax: You are responsible for any and all tax liabilities associated with the Program. Void Where Prohibited: This Program is void where prohibited by law. Governing Law: The laws of the province where Participant resides shall govern without giving effect to the conflict of laws principles. Both parties will, in good faith, use reasonable efforts to resolve disputes. If a dispute remains unresolved after 45 days, the parties agree to final, binding arbitration pursuant to Governing Law.